This website is for those who are interested in Men’s Sheds in Western Australia.
Whether you want to discover a shed near you, need some assistance in starting a new shed or just want to find out what are Men’s Sheds and why they’re so important –
You can also read what WAMSA is doing to further the Men’s Shed movement in WA or contact us to find out how you can get involved.
WAMSA recognises a men’s shed as any community-
organisation that is accessible to all men and whose primary activity is the provision
of a safe, friendly and welcoming environment where men are able to work on meaningful
projects at their own pace in their own time in the company of other men. A major
objective is to advance the health and wellbeing of their male members and to encourage
- To provide a resource for the establishment, development and operation of men’s
sheds in WA.
- To promote and support effective and sustainable men’s sheds in WA.
- To provide lines of communication between men’s sheds in WA.
- To represent the interests of men, their sheds and the resulting positive outcomes
to stakeholders in WA
- To provide the Australian Men’s Shed Association (AMSA) with local input and understanding
of the WA environment.
Our current activities include:
- Providing a conduit for enquires and referrals to sheds
- Creating the WA Men’s Shed newsletter (the Warbler) which provides the catalyst
for networking between sheds
- Provision of speakers and contemporary information to sheds via a state conference
held every second year
- A facility for collective bargaining with the purchase of goods and services
For more information about WAMSA please contact us.
In 2009 the Mukinbudin 1950’s Working Farm Shed and the Shire of Mukinbudin conducted
the first WA Men’s Shed conference. The decision to form WAMSA was made at the conference
and a steering committee was formed. WAMSA became incorporated and held the inaugural
AGM in July 2010.
WAMSA was formed to represent all of the Men’s Sheds in WA. WAMSA coordinates and
disseminates information to all sheds and assists in setting up new sheds. Meetings
are held with politicians and funding bodies to get the maximum benefit for the WA
WAMSA receives financial support from the WA Department of Local Government and Communities and the WA Department of Health.